JOB IN PARIS : 12 TIPS TO FIND ONE
Looking for a summer job in Paris? Or a part time job for english speaker ?
First you should know that a student long term visa holders (OFII) allows you to have a job in Paris, or anywhere in France as a student.
Nevertheless, here are a few guidelines:
- The amount of hours of your job in Paris shall not exceed 20.5 hours per week.
- The job duration must be no longer than 52 weeks.
- Short term visa holders have to ask for permission to have a job in Paris to the DIRECCTE.
- EU nationals don’t have a limited amount of work.
How to earn a bit of money and find a job in Paris as an international student ?
Of course, You can apply as a waitress or a seller, for a student job in Paris one or two days per week.
Here are some ideas of restaurants where you can apply:
- The restaurant chain “Indiana” recruits overseas people who speak a bit of French.
- The café Oz, the Frog Pub or The Mazet bar at Odeon, are some of the bars for foreign people with a foreign staff.
Otherwise, you can apply at clothes shops’ chain such as Jonak, André, Zara or H&M but you have to speak fluent French and it’s a tiring job.
In this article, we suggest you other jobs in Paris, original and more fun, for students who don’t especially speak French.
1. Yestudent : the AirBNB for students (request permission from your landlord)
You welcome other young people in your flat for one day or more. You only need to have a sofa, an extra mattress or an empty room because your roommate is not here for the weekend. You welcome the guest, share a drink and a meal with him and you even can give him the best tips of the town. It’s a profitable friendly moment to share!
2. GuideLikeYou : Become a guide
Around €25/person or €15/hour
Do you know Paris by heart? Get a guide job in Paris and help the tourists discover Paris!
You know some of the most secret corners in Paris? The best bars or monuments in town? Become a SmartGuide by picking the tour you want to do with the tourists and help them discover the city in your way!
3. OuiStock : Rent your cellar or you useless room (request permission from your landlord)
Between €30 to 300 per month
Do you have an useless cellar or room? Rent it to other people who need to space to store their stuff in it.
Make sure you ask for your landlord’s permission.
4. Mobypark: Rent your parking space (request for permission to your landlord)
Do you have a parking space at your flat but you don’t use it? Rent it! A lot of people are looking for parking in Paris. Post your ad on the website and wait to be contacted!
Make sure you ask your landlord’s permission.
5. Drivy: Rent your car
Do you have a car but you don’t use it all the time? Rent it safely. The rental of the car is covered by insurance.
6. Dogbuddy: Host a dog
Dogbuddy is an online community putting dogs’ owners and dogs’ lovers together. The service offers hosting during the weekend, holidays and bank holidays. That’s a very cute job in Paris.
Thelocal.fr : an online newspaper for English speaking people in France which offers English-language jobs in France
8. Baby sitting or language classes
You are a foreign student so you have the quality to speak another language than French. Use it to earn some money! Put some ads in the bakeries, mini-markets, sport and animation centres for kids, in your district. Some people are specifically looking for a foreign baby sitter for their children to teach or improve a foreign language through daily conversations.
Here is a good website to become a nanny in France.
You can contact your country’s embassy in Paris to offer them your service of baby-sitting or help for homework. Definitely worth a try however, some staff may look for someone who speaks their native language to help their children.
10. Learning support
– Acadomia : min. Bac+3
– Cours Legendre : min. Bac+ 4
– Complétude : min. Bac+3
– Home School : min. Bac+3
– Cours particuliers entre particuliers : min Bac, à négocier
11. Learning support online
12. Baby-sitting in English
- Be My Nounou is a Childcare Agency based in Paris who hires native and bilingual speaking babysitters to babysit and teach English to French children in Paris and suburbs. They carefully recruit and train babysitters to be a part of their team as they highly value the work being done in each family and the relationship between each babysitter and family.
- Eveil Bilingue : English native speakers only, for part-time, babysitting and teaching positions. The agency is specialized in early language acquisition for 3 -12 years old in the Paris area. To be considered, you need to be available at least 2 days per week from 4.30 pm and / or a full Wednesday.
- Baby-speaking : Part-time job for native English speakers, for babysitting or linguistic workshop in French family.
- Speaking agency: Baby-sitting services in foreign language (English, German, Spanish, Chinese …), but also language classes for children and teenagers.
- O2 : Baby-sitting service by French and foreign students.
- Babylangues : Teaching of foreign language (especially English) through an innovative and ludic method.
If you apply online for a student job in Paris, call them one week later to make sure they have received your resume and to show them your interest and availability.
For a waitress or a seller student job in Paris, give your resume directly by hand to the manager of the shop or the restaurant.
You also can do spontaneous applications : send your resume to agencies that don’t particularly offer student job in Paris.
In France we’re strict about punctuality and quality of service. You have to do your student job correctly if you want to keep it. If exceptionally you cannot be present one day, be sure to announce it at least 24hrs in advance.
Feel Parisien is a trilingual agency that welcomes international students in Paris and in France.
We offer a wide range of services to settle down : accommodation, bank account, phone card, VISA, VISA OFII, CAF, home and health insurance, metro card and electricity acting as an agency in Paris for students.
The idea is that we facilitate your administrative path and we secure your arrival while reassuring students and their parents by answering all their questions. We help from undergraduate students to Masters, MBA and PhD students to get settle in Paris and in France.
You get access to :
- An online platform that facilitates your arrival.
- Help to get your Visa, and to follow your process for getting your french Visa.
- Booking options on accommodation in advance (required for the VISA).
- Benefit from our negotiated prices with our partners.
- One click services : open a bank account, get a phone sim card, insure your home and do all that before your arrival in France, while you still are in your country.
- Answers to your questions in English or Spanish.
- A full range of administrative services : OFII, French Stipend for housing (CAF), Metro card, Health Insurance, Electricity etc.
- Benefit from a Community where you can talked to others students from your school and nationality but also to the others ones.
Get settled in France hassle-free with our packages.