The OFII VISA : what is it ?


If you’re a non EU resident, having a VISA for your study in France, is a very stressful point. You absolutely need it to come to study and very other you already have paid your school and book your flat (required for a lot of countries to get the VISA).

But you have to know that, after the happiness provided by the acceptation of your VISA, it’s not finish. That’s why I’m here to help you with the last step of the VISA process and let you fully enjoy your stay in France !

Once in France, you will have to send by post the OFII form filled in, to the OFII office of your department, with the copy of your passport (identity), the page of the VISA and the entry stamp.

If you will in Paris and arrive from the 11st of Sept to 24th of Nov, you have to submit your file to the Cité Universitaire, without appointment needed.

Then, you will receive a letter from the Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration, called shortly OFII.

They will call you for an appointment for a welcome visit. Don’t miss that appointment, otherwise you will have to wait a few weeks or months more to get an other appointment. Meanwhile, your VISA is still not confirmed.

At the appointment, you will have to bring with you :
– the convocation letter
– your passport
– a proof of your french address
– an ID picture
– a €60 stamp to be bought on tobacco shops or online :

Finally, you will receive a yellow sticker in your passport to validate your visa. This sticker serves as your first “titre de séjour,” and you are, for good, considered a legal student resident in France.

I really hope you have a clearer view now about what is OFII and if you want to benefit from assistance during the totality of this process, don’t hesitate to buy a pack for more tranquility. I will send your OFII for you. Mostly, I will be here to assist you in each step. Call them for you and translate the letters you’ll receive if they are in French.


Comments are closed.